Berean Blog

Random thoughts from a Doulos Theos (servant of God)

Name:
Location: Rocky Point, North Carolina, United States

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Land of Linkin'

It is past the time to pull myself from the doldrumic (yes, it's a word -- it is now, anyway; as in "having qualities of doldrums"!) musings into which I've sunk and post.

In the interest of serving the interests of the interesting (and to clear out some of the links that I've been saving), I decided to forget originality and share the genius and inspiration of others. I hope no one minds -- and if anyone does, feel free to use the comments feature, which is collecting virtual dust from lack of use.

To briefly revisit the object of my obsession of late, a clear summary of the Gaza/North Shomron (West Bank) debacle can be found here. For a pretty good insight, I liked this article. For a Biblical perspective, Hal Lindsey is an excellent source.

Hal Lindsey has a very talented partner by the name of John Rule, a gifted cartoonist whose work is timely and thought-provoking. I highly recommend some time perusing his gallery.

Another cartoonist whose work I love is Scott Stantis. I was introduced to his strip "Prickly City" through Ann Coulter. Last week, one of his characters launched a search for a true Republican. By no means do I consider myself a Re-flub-lican OR Demo-brat -- I'm most comfortable describing myself as a Christian Libertarian (yes, I know that's an ideological oxymoron, but are you gonna do?). At any rate, I heartily enjoyed the poignancy of the beginning of said search.

Since we're quickly becoming such a "tolerant" society, here's an great look at how tolerant the "peaceful" religion of Islam is, at least in Morocco. Play it again, Bouchaib?

And yet one more reason to be thankful we live in America.

Of course, freedom has its inherent challenges.

However, anyone who doesn't love this country can just go jump in a lake...or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home