Berean Blog

Random thoughts from a Doulos Theos (servant of God)

Name:
Location: Rocky Point, North Carolina, United States

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Happy Birthday to the world’s finest fighting force – the United States Marine Corps (or Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children – or Urine Samples Make Civilians, as some have discovered over the years!).

Yes, 230 years ago, in Tun Tavern in Pennsylvania, the mysterious breed known as Leathernecks, Gyrenes, Devil-Dogs, and Jarheads (for internal use only, thank you!) was birthed. Many a conflict has come and gone, and Marines have continued to distinguish themselves as the premier first to fight, expeditionary force in readiness. Semper Fidelis and happy birthday to my brothers-in-arms.

In light of this encouraging occasion, I find it difficult to be morose. To be further blessed as a child of the living G-d, what reason could I find to be discouraged?


Of course, by the time most of you read this, it will no longer be the tenth. So in that case, Happy Veterans Day! "If you love your freedom, thank a vet"; or better yet, "have you hugged a vet today?"


It may be a surprise to regular followers of this invective (first of all to see a post after such a prolonged time, but…) I will not make any gloomy observation or attempt any poignant proclamation. My heart is light, my spirits are buoyant, and I will leave well enough alone!


I will sincerely apologize for the scarcity of posting as of late. I have taken note that some of you have been faithfully checking in with this site, and a few have even emailed me to ask what has been happening. I have stayed offline for the majority of each day to keep the phone line open, and in the evenings, my time online has been limited to the job hunt.

I have applied to several openings, and have yet to receive any word yet from any of them, but I know this is to be expected. There is one in particular that I have my heart set upon, and am praying for earnestly; I won’t detail it in any fashion, but the good news for some of you is that it is close to the frozen tundra that I formerly called home. That’s all I’ll say for now, because it may not be in Abba’s will.


I know that this is short, for which I am truly sorry. May our Father bestow upon each of you His richest blessings until we meet again, or pass from the land of the dying to the land of the living…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy old friend,

Have you gotten any good news about potential jobs since your last post? How wonderful if you could bring your family here to the "frozen tundra"! Let me know what's going on,,I do worry, because this is a very stressful time for you. Something great is going to happen, I just know it,,,,take care, care take, Me

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home